California Dry Van Trailer Insurance

Dry Van Trailer Insurance

Dry van is the most common type of trailer in the trucking industry. These are essentially big empty boxes without features like temperature control. They are usually semi-trailers and typically haul freights that are not sensitive to the temperature. Because truck insurance and cargo insurance do not cover trailers, California Dry Van Trailer Insurance is required to protect the trailer in case of an accident.

Do you need California Dry Van Trailer Insurance?

Generally, a trailer does not belong to the shipping company that’s hauling it. This is why customers usually require shipping companies to have dry van trailer insurance so they can protect their assets while the company uses the trailer. This is also called Trailer Interchange Insurance.

Trailer Interchange Insurance is Physical Damage Coverage for trailers. It pays out in case of collision, fire, and theft, vandalism, and other incidents. The trucker hauling the dry van trailer is responsible for it and has to pay for any damage.

When you get this kind of coverage, you’ll need to choose a deductible and a limit. Your deductible is how much you agree to pay for repairs or a replacement. Your limit, on the other hand, is how much your insurance will pay.

Contact us and get optimized California Dry Van Trailer Insurance today!