Concrete Mixer Truck Insurance

Concrete trucks are heavy-duty vehicles that carry a device for forming concrete in a revolving drum. They are often used by construction companies and landscapers. Many business owners find them to be a good investment, as they can give you the advantage of providing services other companies simply do not offer. However, you need to protect your investment with concrete truck insurance.

These trucks are large and specialized, which can make them quite expensive. If you’ve invested in a mixer truck, then you might still be paying it off years later. You cannot risk losing money because of an accident. Consequently, you need good concrete truck insurance.

Not every commercial truck insurance provider can deal with vehicles like a concrete mixer. Their liability can be huge, and there are many things that can go wrong with them. For instance, what happens if your mixer truck overturns? Will your business income be protected in the event of an accident?

What Kind of Concrete Truck Coverage Do You Need?

Concrete truck insurance falls into the category of commercial vehicle insurance. Therefore, you need all the standard commercial vehicle coverage in your insurance plan to legally operate your mixer. However, choosing the best plan requires an understanding of its components. Let’s take a look at the coverage you’ll need.

Liability Insurance

Liability insurance covers you for any accidents you, or your employee operating the cement truck, are found liable for. You’ll need this before you can legally use your truck. Even if it wasn’t an FMCSA requirement, though, you wouldn’t want to operate without it. Being found at fault for an accident can incur devastating costs. Here’s a look at what liability insurance covers:

  • Property Damage – Your mixer truck is a large, imposing vehicle on the road. It has the capability to inflict costly damage. In the event it does, property damage coverage covers the cost of anyone else’s vehicle, so your business isn’t ruined by one mistake.
  • Bodily Injury – If your concrete truck gets into an accident that harms another person, their medical expenses, including ambulance rides, hospital stays, and long-term care costs, need to be paid. Bodily injury coverage takes care of these costs.

Physical Damage Insurance

Physical damage protects your big investment. If anything happens to your concrete truck, you’ll want coverage that handles the financial burden for you. Make sure your plan guards against such costly repairs. This insurance comes in different varieties:

  • Comprehensive ProtectionComprehensive coverage is the most extensive physical damage insurance available to you. In any event where your cement truck becomes damaged, whether in an accident or by falling debris at a worksite, this plan has you covered.
  • Collision ProtectionCollision insurance covers any damage done to your cement truck in the event of an accident with another vehicle on the road.
  • Specified Peril¬†– If you have specific concerns that aren’t covered in the more common insurance plans, this addition will put you at ease. You can insure against anything that might happen to your cement truck.

Uninsured Motorist Insurance

If another driver crashes into your truck, their insurance covers the tab. However, when their insurance policy fails to cover the full amount of your bill, you’ll need coverage that saves you from the rest of the tab. Uninsured motorist insurance covers you in this situation. You won’t have to pay for someone else’s mistake.

Med Pay Insurance

Med Pay will protect you or any person operating your concrete truck. If, in the unfortunate event of an accident, you or your employee face injury, you’ll want insurance that pays for the recovery.

For all of these kinds of coverage and more, SafeLine Truck Insurance is your trusted helper.

Contact SafeLine Truck Insurance and get concrete mixer truck insurance today. Or you can get a free quote here!