Big Rig Insurance

Big Rig Insurance

Owning a big rig can bring you great profits. After all, the shipping industry in the U.S. relies on semi-trucks, and there is always work for them. But owning a vehicle like this also means taking care of the safety and risk management. Crashes involving big rigs are some of the most dangerous and often result in heavy damage, injuries, and even death. Being responsible for a semi-truck accident can get too expensive for your budget. Consequently, without proper big rig insurance, your trucking business is never financially secure.

What Kind of Big Rig Insurance Do You Need?

Big rigs, just like any other commercial vehicle, must have liability insurance in order to operate legally. This coverage pays out to other people when you are responsible for the crash. There are two parts to this coverage: bodily injury and property damage. The bodily injury will pay the medical bills and other expenses associated with the victims’ injuries. Property damage will pay for the damage your big rig has done to other people’s property. This coverage is important, and not just because the FMCSA requires it. Semi-trucks are heavy vehicles that can do a lot of damage. Paying for it out of your own pocket can be destructive to your business.

For big rigs, you’ll also need physical damage insurance. If your truck is involved in a collision, collision insurance will cover the damage no matter who’s at fault. If the damage to your truck is not from a collision, comprehensive insurance will take care of it. This includes things like vandalism.

Also, you might need cargo insurance. For instance, if you do car transport, this coverage is essential for you.

There are other types of big rig insurance that might be useful for you, such as cargo insurance or bobtail insurance. After all, it’s good business to protect your investment in as many ways as possible.

Contact us today and one of our friendly agents will get you started!