Facebook Twitter Google Plus Pinterest

California Physical Damage

Buying a commercial vehicle such as a truck is a big investment. For many of us it means investing most of our savings. Should anything happen to the truck, it would be hard or up to impossible to replace it or pay for extensive damage. And that is what physical damage coverage is for.

Physical damage truck insurance is a set of coverages that insures your vehicles against collision and other damage. While liability insurance covers other people in case of an accident when you are at fault, physical damage protects you. It includes collision insurance and comprehensive insurance.

physical damage

Physical Damage Coverages

Collision insurance will cover you if your truck is damaged in an accident as a result of colliding with another object, be it a vehicle or a building. It also pays if your vehicle has overturned.

Another part of this kind of insurance is comprehensive insurance. It covers anything that can happen to your vehicle other than collision.

There is also CAC (Combined Additional Coverage) that sometimes is simply called Fire and Theft. It is a coverage for certain types of trucks. It will cover you in case your truck is damaged in a non-collision incident, such as:

  • Fire
  • Theft
  • Hail or storm
  • Lightning
  • Earthquake
  • Flood
  • Vandalism
  • Burning or sinking
  • Hitting an animal
  • And other incidents

Do you need California Physical Damage Insurance?

If you are leasing a vehicle, physical damage coverage is usually required. It is also better to have this kind of truck insurance if you have a loan on your truck. If you own it and it is paid for in full, this coverage is optional. But it is still wiser to protect yourself financially in every possible way.

Let SafeLine agents build a perfect truck insurance policy for you while keeping the rates as low as possible. Get a free quote from us and protect your truck properly!