California Garbage Truck Insurance
If you have a garbage truck in your business, no matter if you are an owner-operator or run a company, you cannot afford to lose money because of an accident. You have invested a lot in your truck and a single crash can result in thousands of dollars being spent on repairs. That is why you need to make sure your truck is covered with proper Garbage Truck Insurance.
What kind of California Garbage Truck Insurance do you need?
There are a number of events that happen in the course of operating a garbage truck you hope will never happen. Another motorist crashes into your dump truck. You, or your employee, makes a split-second mistake resulting in an accident. Whatever the case, you need to prepare by purchasing a comprehensive insurance plan that includes coverage for all possible events.
Liability Insurance is required to legally operate any commercial truck. It protects you when your garbage truck is at fault. Liability insurance covers the costs incurred when you or your employee is found liable after an accident. Choosing the extent of your liability coverage requires some consideration. You can decrease your premiums by selecting a higher deductible, but doing so will leave you to cover the full amount of the deductible in the event of an at-fault accident.
Additionally, when selecting a plan for liability coverage, you’ll have the option between single or split claim limit policy. A single claim limit policy offers one dollar amount applicable to each accident. Alternatively, a split claim limit policy divides that figure between the two sources of cost in the wake of an at-fault accident.
- Property Damage – This half of your liability coverage insures the cost of damage done to other vehicles besides your own. It also covers the cost of replacing the other vehicle if that vehicle is totaled.
- Bodily Injury – The other half of liability insurance covers the cost of medical bills, like hospitals stays or rehabilitation, for anyone injured as a result of your or your employee’s at-fault accident.
Physical Damage Insurance
Physical Damage is another coverage you better have. It will cover expenses to repair or replace your garbage truck whether or not you’re at fault. There are a few options to review when choosing a physical damage insurance policy.
- Comprehensive Protection – This is the most inclusive option. Comprehensive coverage insures not only collision events, but also any damage the truck incurs, for example, falling debris.
- Collision Protection – Collision insurance protects you from repair costs associated with accidents involving other vehicles. It also covers accidents involving only your truck, such as roll overs.
- Specified Peril – This coverage insures your truck against predetermined and specific events that you wish to include, in addition to the standard policies.
Uninsured Motorist Insurance
When your dump truck is involved with another driver who isn’t enrolled in a sufficient insurance policy, this coverage kicks in. It covers the gap between what their policy will pay for and what the total cost of repairs are for your truck. Like liability insurance, uninsured or underinsured motorist insurance covers bodily injury and property damage.
Med Pay Insurance
Med Pay will protect the garbage truck driver and cover medical expenses if the truck is involved in an accident regardless of who is at fault. If an accident injures you or your employee while operating your dump truck, this insurance covers any medical bills you incur.
For all these, Safeline Truck Insurance has you covered.