California Cement Truck Insurance
Cement trucks are a heavy-duty vehicle that carries a device forming concrete in a revolving drum. It is often used by construction companies and landscapers. Many business owners find it a good investment. It can give you the advantage of providing services other companies simply do not offer. However, you need to protect your investment with cement truck insurance.
If you’ve invested in a mixer truck then you might even be still paying it off. You cannot risk losing money because of an accident. Consequently, you need good cement truck insurance.
Not every California commercial truck insurance provider can deal with vehicles like a mixer truck. The liability for them is huge. There are also many details to take care of. For instance, what happens if your mixer truck has overturned? Will your business income be protected in case of an accident?
What kind of coverage do you need?
Cement truck insurance falls into the category of commercial vehicle insurance. Therefore, you need all the standard commercial vehicle coverage in your insurance plan to legally operate your cement truck. However, choosing the best plan requires an understanding of its components. Let’s take a look at the coverage you’ll need.
Liability Insurance covers you for any accidents you, or your employee operating the cement truck, are found liable for. You’ll need this before you can legally use your cement truck. States and municipalities require it before they issue work permits. You wouldn’t want to operate without it, as being found at fault for an accident can incur crippling costs. Here’s a look at what liability insurance covers:
- Property Damage – Your cement truck is a large, imposing vehicle on the road. It has the capability to inflict costly damage. In the event it does, property damage coverage covers the cost to anyone else’s vehicle so you aren’t crippled by one mistake.
- Bodily Injury – If your cement truck gets into an accident that harms another person, their medical expenses, including ambulance rides, hospital stays, and long-term costs, need to be paid. Bodily injury coverage takes care of these costs.
Physical Damage Insurance
Physical Damage protects your big investment. If anything happens to your cement truck, you’ll want coverage that handles the financial burden for you. Make sure your plan sufficiently guards against such costly repairs. This insurance comes in different varieties:
- Comprehensive Protection – Comprehensive coverage is the most extensive physical damage insurance available to you. In any event where your cement truck becomes damaged, whether in an accident or by falling debris at a worksite, this plan has you covered.
- Collision Protection – Collision insurance covers any damage done to your cement truck in the event of an accident with another vehicle on the road.
- Specified Peril – If you have specific concerns that aren’t covered in the more common insurance plans, this addition will put you at ease. You can insure against anything that might happen to your cement truck.
Uninsured Motorist Insurance
If another driver crashes into your cement truck, their insurance covers the tab. However, when their insurance policy fails to cover the full amount of your bill, you’ll need coverage that saves you from the rest of the tab. Uninsured motorist insurance covers you in this situation. You won’t have to pay for someone else’s mistake.
Med Pay Insurance
Med Pay will protect your person, or any person, operating your cement truck. If in the unfortunate event, you or your employee faces injury, you’ll want insurance that pays for the recovery.
For all these, Safeline Truck Insurance has you covered.