Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest

California Bobtail Insurance

If you are a truck driver and you are leasing a truck from a company, your motor carrier most likely requires that your truck is insured for the time when you are not on duty. Accidents can happen at any time, not just when you are at work, so it is no wonder you are required to be insured against accidents at all times. To be protected when there is no trailer attached to your truck, you need bobtail insurance. It will cover the damage to your truck and injuries no matter who is at fault in an accident.

bobtail insurance

Bobtail Insurance & Non-Trucking Insurance

Bobtail Insurance and Non-Trucking Insurance are often used interchangeably while they are not quite the same thing. Your motor carrier may require that you have either one of these coverages.

Non-Trucking Insurance only covers you when you are not under dispatch. It is a less expensive coverage and protects you when you are off duty. It pays for the damage and injuries of other people you have caused. This kind of truck insurance coverage only kicks in when you are not hauling any cargo or using the truck for any business purposes. For instance, it covers you when you are driving home.

Bobtail Insurance pays no matter if you are under dispatch or not. For instance, when you are between terminals and not carrying a trailer, this coverage will protect you should anything happen.

Always make sure what your motor carrier requires of you. While Non-Trucking Insurance is usually a cheaper option, Bobtail Insurance can cover you in more cases and is more flexible.

Call SafeLine Truck Insurance to get the right California Truck Insurance Coverage. We offer low down payments and can assist you with getting insurance even if you have a bad driving record. Contact us for a free quote today!